Good Dog, Bad Zombie is a game by TESA's lead game designer, Brian Van Slyke, and published by our friends at Make Big Things, another game cooperative.
From the publisher's website:
Bark, sniff, and lick your way through the apocalypse to save the hoomans you love! Good Dog, Bad Zombie is a cooperative board game where everyone plays together as a heroic dog pack. Together, you’ll explore a post-apocalyptic city while sniffing out scents, barking at the undead, and herding hoomans to safety.
- Play as eight different dogs, each with unique powers to help rescue hoomans in hiding.
- Take actions on your turn like, “I’m going to lick myself for two energy.”
- Cooperative play that’ll have you howling with joy!
- 2 - 4 players, 45 to 60 minutes to play
- You can even play the game as your own dog! Use the custom dog card creator here.
Good Dog, Bad Zombie Gameplay Overview
Zombies roam the city, but you and your doggo friends have found refuge in Central Bark. Cooperate as a pack to sniff out hoomans in hiding and bring them back to safety!
On each turn you’ll choose two actions:
• RUNNING through the city to get to friends or smells.
• LICKING yourself or others, drawing you energy cards.
• SNIFFING the smells of the city to uncover hoomans and stories.
• BARKING or HERDING to move pieces around the board – hoomans, zombies, or your fellow dogs!
• CHEWING the zombies that just keep coming!
• And most importantly, BEING A GOOD DOGGO by using the special power unique to your dog!
As you play cards, you’ll howl to give energy to your pack, and zoom to chain together many actions into mega-turns!
But beware! After every turn, a new zombie enters the city. They’ll block your path, eat any hoomans they find, and get closer and closer to Central Bark!
Work quickly, doggos, because the zombies will push your Feral Track higher and higher. If it reaches ten, you forget what it means to know the love of a hooman!
If you rescue six hoomans in time, you’ll build your forever home and win the game!
Good Dog, Bad Zombie comes with a number of difficulty settings that let you choose the challenge you want. Be heroic dogs and save those hoomans!
What Comes in the Box?
Watch the How-to-Play Video
GDBZ's Eco-Friendly Production
GDBZ is printed on recycled materials with vegetable-based ink by Community Printers in California! Here are some behind the scenes clips from the game’s production.